Home Showing Success
If you are still living in your home when it is listed, it needs to be kept “showtime ready” at all times. We know this may be difficult, but we have seen buyers turn up their nose at an otherwise-worthy home with a sink full of dirty dishes. We don’t want this to happen to you!
Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Keep pets out of the house. Either take them with you or keep them penned in the yard or garage.
- Make sure your home is well lit. Keep shades and curtains up to let in light.
- Remove clutter from tables and shelves. This can be difficult if you are living in the house, but it is important to make sure the mail pile stays out of view, dishes are done after each meal, and papers don’t stack up in your newspaper bin.
- Keep money, prescription drugs, and other valuables out of view and locked up.
- Add a ground up lemon to the garbage disposal to give the kitchen a fresh smell and take out garbage and recycling daily.
- Vacuum daily if you have shedding pets.
- Wipe down sinks daily in both the bathrooms and the kitchen.
- Keep cobwebs at bay, especially during the fall when they can appear overnight.
- Keep radios and TV off—although oftentimes soft music in the background is a nice touch.
We will develop your own showing cheat sheet for your home that you can simply check off each morning as you head out to keep your home showtime ready at all times.